A selection of Baroness O'Cathain's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness O'Cathain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness O'Cathain’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, this has been a very interesting debate so far; it has been good-humoured and full of humour. I was glad to hear the noble Lord, Lord Campbell-Savours, and the noble Baroness, Lady Hollins, talk about the seriousness of this situation. I and at least two other people whom I see in the Chamber at the moment fought like tigers to make sure that smoking was banned in public places. We...
My Lords, poor old HMRC comes in for a bashing the whole time. Is it not a fact that it is trying very hard to get this tax and that it is improving year by year? I received my form for the next tax due at the weekend and, for the first time in my life, I was able to understand it—and it is not that I have been to Specsavers.
More of Baroness O'Cathain’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Lords) Committee (since 5 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Constitution Committee (1 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Apr 2004)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England (7 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Public Service, Committee on (30 Apr 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness O'Cathain’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.64% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 21 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness O'Cathain’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 314 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from