A selection of Baroness O'Cathain's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 11 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness O'Cathain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness O'Cathain’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of responsibility for the massacre perpetrated against civilians in the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly on 26 February 1992.
My Lords, every time we talked about how to get the spoil from the site through to the rail holding, the fundamental issue we discussed was moving more by rail. The problem is that people think a great job was done with the Olympics and with Crossrail. As was pointed out by the proposer, the geography of the area from where the spoil would have to be removed means that it was nothing like as...
Maybe my memory is deceiving me, but the mined tunnel was through chalk, was it not? There was a problem about the slurry and it would not have been a practical proposition to go through—rather than a bored tunnel. I would like clarification on that, specifically the mined tunnel. Can the noble Lord, Lord Young, help me?
More of Baroness O'Cathain’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 9 Feb 2017)
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Lords) Committee (since 5 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Constitution Committee (1 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Apr 2004)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England (7 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Public Service, Committee on (30 Apr 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from