A selection of Baroness O'Cathain's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness O'Cathain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness O'Cathain’s full vote analysis page for more.
Report from the Select Committee on National Policy for the Built Environment – Baroness O'Cathain.
I thank my noble friend for giving way. Surely one of the reasons is the appalling lack of broadband access throughout the country. Going back to what the noble Lord, Lord Giddens, said about the technological advances that are going to transform education and learning, it is nevertheless a fact that people find it extremely difficult to get involved if their broadband connection goes on and...
More of Baroness O'Cathain’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Lords) Committee (since 5 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Constitution Committee (1 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Apr 2004)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England (7 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Public Service, Committee on (30 Apr 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from