A selection of Baroness O'Cathain's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 11 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness O'Cathain’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness O'Cathain’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, is there consistency in the new litter strategy? Certain council areas encourage you to put the bottles in a certain box and others do not. I have lived in the same house for nearly 30 years and we have had six different types of instructions about litter. If there was consistency throughout the country, I am sure it would benefit everybody.
Surely what we voted on was whether to leave or remain—nothing else.
My Lords, surely the great growth element in our economy is tourism. Families coming from abroad have much more opportunity to see things in London if they can get reasonably cheap bed and breakfast or Airbnb. To bring a family of three children and their parents to London for a week would cost an enormous amount, whereas this way, they can at least have reasonably priced accommodation and...
More of Baroness O'Cathain’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Currently held offices
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Lords) Committee (since 5 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (9 Feb 2017 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Chair, Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Constitution Committee (1 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Apr 2004)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England (7 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Public Service, Committee on (30 Apr 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from