A selection of Lord Saville of Newdigate's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on more EU integration
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Saville of Newdigate’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Saville of Newdigate’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, it is very nearly 20 years ago that I became a Member of this House, so I perhaps owe an explanation for the delay in making my maiden speech. I have some, but not complete, excuses. I arrived here as what was then called a Lord of Appeal in Ordinary. The suffix “in Ordinary” meant that I came here as a paid regular attender at this House for the purpose of conducting,...
My Lords, at the end of her judgment, the judge commented that the Secretary of State appeared to be grappling with the situation in a way which was “entirely appropriate”. Does the Minister believe that was a fair comment?
More of Lord Saville of Newdigate’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (13 Sep 2016 to 9 Nov 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (14 Jan 1998 to 11 Nov 1999)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Saville of Newdigate’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.05% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Saville of Newdigate’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from