To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to help improve education standards in United Kingdom prisons.
My Lords, I am very grateful for having obtained this short debate on education in prisons. Perhaps I should have added “in England”, but, until I heard some of the Scottish debate, I was not aware that education in prisons is devolved to Scotland and Wales. The noble Lord, Lord German, will speak later and he might tell us a bit about the Wales situation. At the moment, a review...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to introduce legislation to ban the import of animal trophies into the United Kingdom, particularly trophies from endangered species.
More of Lord Hanningfield’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 31 July 1998
Party was Conservative until 4 Feb 2010
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 8 Feb 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (24 Jul 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (9 Jul 2007 to 24 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Communities and Local Government (18 Jan 2006 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (16 Dec 2005 to 18 Jan 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Transport (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Local Government Affairs & Communities (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Transport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Hanningfield’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 31 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Hanningfield’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 459 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from