A selection of Baroness Maddock's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Maddock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Maddock’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, how many people who had first- generation smart meters came up against problems when they tried to change their supplier? It was anticipated that people would make savings when they had smart meters. Have those savings reached the Government’s anticipated level?
My Lords, I too congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Cameron of Dillington, on securing this debate. I feel somewhat intimidated by the two previous speakers, who have a lot of expertise in the area we are discussing, but this is a very important and timely debate about technology that we hope will reduce the UK’s carbon footprint and therefore contribute towards the sustainability of our...
My Lords, the Minister dismissed the idea of land value taxation. Is he aware that it operates in many countries entirely successfully, so it is not something that does not work?
More of Baroness Maddock’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Chair, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (since 25 Jan 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 12 Jun 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (24 Nov 2009 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (6 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister Local Government & the Regions (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (26 Nov 2003 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, European Union Committee (19 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (26 Jun 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Party Chair, Liberal Democrats (1 Jan 1999 to 31 Dec 2000)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from