A selection of Lord Mackay of Clashfern's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mackay of Clashfern’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mackay of Clashfern’s full vote analysis page for more.
Perhaps I should respond by saying that I did understand that. Fundamentally, the noble Lord, Lord Adonis, believes that his wisdom is superior to that of the 17 million who voted the other way.
My Lords, I have a great respect for the noble Lord, Lord Adonis, as I heard him many times answering questions as a Minister. The answers were always clear and a full answer to what he was asked. I also remember his difficult time as a Minister of State in the Department for Education, struggling with the impediments being placed to the implementation of his policy by judicial reviews, which...
More of Lord Mackay of Clashfern’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1979
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (since 23 Nov 1999)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Care and Support Bill Committee (22 Nov 2012 to 6 Mar 2013)
- Member, Draft Human Tissue and Embryos Bill (Joint Committee) (9 May 2007 to 8 Aug 2007)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Lord Chancellor (28 Oct 1987 to 3 May 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (21 Nov 1985 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (21 Nov 1985 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Nov 1985 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from