A selection of Lord Waldegrave of North Hill's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Waldegrave of North Hill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Waldegrave of North Hill’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, may I join the noble Lord, Lord Boswell, in supporting the tone of the Prime Minister’s Statement? I draw my noble friend’s attention to the admirable article by my noble friend Lord Finkelstein in the Times today, which describes a successful negotiation as one in which both sides regard themselves as the winners. Does my noble friend agree that, in order to achieve...
My Lords, as one who spoke at Second Reading, I associate myself with what the noble Lord, Lord Kerslake, has said. He, I and many others had meetings with the Minister and were received courteously—as one would expect—but more importantly, we were received by a listening Minister. I am very grateful to my noble friend, who I am sure has added to the voice of this House when...
My Lords, I support the amendments of my noble friend Lord Lucas. This is probably the first shot in a considerable battle in which I hope this House will engage. There is a certain irony which I cannot pass over in complete silence. I was the junior Minister who, in 1981, had to take the full force of opposition from the Liberal Party, the Labour Party, members of my own party and every...
More of Lord Waldegrave of North Hill’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (1 Feb 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury (5 Jul 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Secretary of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (20 Jul 1994 to 4 Jul 1995)
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (10 Apr 1992 to 20 Jul 1994)
- The Secretary of State for Health (2 Nov 1990 to 9 Apr 1992)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (26 Jul 1988 to 2 Nov 1990)
- Minister (Department of Environment) (Housing and Planning) (13 Jun 1987 to 24 Jul 1988)
- Minister (Department of Environment) (Environment, Countryside and Planning) (10 Sep 1986 to 12 Jun 1987)
- Minister of State (Department of Environment) (Local Government) (2 Sep 1985 to 9 Sep 1986)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (13 Jun 1983 to 2 Sep 1985)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Education and Science) (15 Sep 1981 to 13 Jun 1983)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (3 May 1979 to 13 Nov 1981)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from