A selection of Lord Wakeham's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Wakeham’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Wakeham’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I feel greatly honoured to follow the noble and learned Lord, Lord Hope, in his speech. I think it is the nearest I will ever get to addressing the Supreme Court. First, I congratulate my noble friend Lord Cormack on securing this important debate, and on all the work that he and others have done to bring to our attention the very important matter of the future of the House of...
My Lords, I am delighted to follow the speech of the noble Lord, Lord Fox—although perhaps not for the reason that he might reasonably anticipate. I was talking to an extremely old friend of mine who asked how the noble Lord was doing in the House of Lords. I had to confess to my awful shame that I had never heard him speak—so I will at least be able to ring her this evening and...
My Lords, it is one of the great strengths of the House of Lords that a considerable amount of thinking seems to go on between one debate on a subject and the next time that it comes up. That is a credit to everyone, but today I think credit is due particularly to the Leader of the Opposition. A great deal of what she had to say was very sensible, and I am very glad that she said it. This...
More of Lord Wakeham’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1992
Currently held offices
- Member, Lord Speaker's committee on the size of the House (since 20 Dec 2016)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (since 6 Dec 2016)
- Member, House of Lords Commission (since 1 Sep 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (8 Jan 2014 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (4 Dec 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (26 May 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Joint Committee on Security (26 Nov 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (13 Nov 2007 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (27 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (2 Dec 2003 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (1 Dec 1993 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (23 Nov 1993 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (1 Jun 1992 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (20 May 1992 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (20 May 1992 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (20 May 1992 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords (10 Apr 1992 to 19 Jul 1994)
- Secretary of State for Energy (24 Jul 1989 to 9 Apr 1992)
- Chair, Privileges Committee (22 Nov 1988 to 14 Nov 1989)
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (10 Jan 1988 to 23 Jul 1989)
- Chair, House of Commons (Services) Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 26 Jul 1989)
- Chair, Televising of Proceedings of the House Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 27 Jul 1989)
- Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Commons (13 Jun 1987 to 9 Jan 1988)
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (Chief Whip) (11 Jun 1983 to 12 Jun 1987)
- Minister of State (HM Treasury) (6 Apr 1982 to 13 Jun 1983)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Industry) (15 Sep 1981 to 6 Apr 1982)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (9 Jan 1981 to 15 Sep 1981)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (16 May 1979 to 9 Jan 1981)
- Member, Expenditure Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Expenditure: Trade & Industry Sub-Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Wakeham’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 49.76% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Wakeham’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from