A selection of Lord Wallace of Saltaire's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2008–2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Wallace of Saltaire’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Wallace of Saltaire’s full vote analysis page for more.
Minimum size and composition of a UK aircraft carrier task force deployed to the Pacific – Lord Wallace of Saltaire.
My Lords, if I understood the Minister, there are 150 SIs still to be tabled. If I also understand SIs, they need to be laid at least three or four weeks before they come into effect—so we have two weeks for 150 more SIs to be laid. Am I correct?
My Lords, the noble Baroness repeats phrase that the Prime Minister used last week, of looking for a, “legally binding unilateral exit clause”.—[ Official Report, Commons, 12/2/19; col. 731.] I saw in a brief this morning an alternative phrase—it seemed nonsensical—which is “a joint interpretative document”. Since I understand that any legally binding agreement has to be legally...
More of Lord Wallace of Saltaire’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1995
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2015 to 28 Oct 2016)
- Lords Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (5 Sep 2011 to 7 May 2015)
- Lord in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (13 Oct 2010 to 7 May 2015)
- Deputy Leader in the House of Lords, Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Home Affairs (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Deputy Leader, House of Lords (15 Nov 2004 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Mar 1998 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (3 Jul 1997 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Jun 1997 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from