A selection of Lord Archer of Sandwell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Archer of Sandwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Archer of Sandwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Since the noble Lord was kind enough to tempt me to my feet, would he agree that many local tribunals and public bodies lead lonely lives, and that the great contribution of a central body is that it can collect and disseminate experience and best practice? If that were missing, everyone's performance would suffer.
I thank the noble Earl for repeating the Statement and recognise his readiness to listen to and act on representations, but will he also recognise the efforts of a vast number of people of all political parties and none who have worked assiduously for a very long time to ensure that financial relief of a proper order is made available to those who have suffered from the tragedy and to their...
In the absence of my noble friend Lord Corbett of Castle Vale, and at his request, I beg leave to ask the Question in his name on the Order Paper.
More of Lord Archer of Sandwell’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1992
Left the House of Lords on 14 June 2012 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (28 May 2004 to 12 Oct 2004)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (30 Jul 2001 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State (10 Jun 1983 to 11 Jun 1987)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jan 1982 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (4 May 1979 to 1 Jan 1982)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (3 May 1979 to 26 Nov 1982)
- Solicitor General (Law Officers) (7 Mar 1974 to 4 May 1979)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Archer of Sandwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 70.91% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 155 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from