A selection of Lord Armstrong of Ilminster's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Armstrong of Ilminster’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Armstrong of Ilminster’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in the light of the recent statement by the Chief Constable of Wiltshire Police, whether they will institute a judicial inquiry into that force’s Operation Conifer, with unrestricted access to all relevant information.
My Lords, having served in the Home Office for four years, I understand about the operational independence of the police, but this matter has gone beyond operational affairs; it has become a matter of confidence in the police and the police service. The chief constable of Wiltshire has gone beyond the police duties of investigating allegations and following up evidence and has pronounced a...
More of Lord Armstrong of Ilminster’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1988
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Able Marine Energy Park Development Consent Order 2014 Committee (9 Jun 2014 to 30 Oct 2014)
- Member, Draft Communications Data Bill (Joint Committee) (28 Jun 2012 to 28 Nov 2012)
- Member, Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Mar 2011 to 14 Jun 2011)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (23 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, BBC Charter Review Committee (24 May 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Merits of Statutory Instruments Committee (17 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (28 Nov 1995 to 19 Nov 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from