A selection of Lord Hope of Craighead's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on more EU integration
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Hope of Craighead’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Hope of Craighead’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, perhaps I could return to the point that was made that the language used by the EU in describing the effect of the backstop has no legal standing. There may be reason to think that the words it used have a greater force as understood in Europe than we give credit for. It might well be worth asking the Attorney-General to look more closely at the meaning of the words because it would...
I do not want to cause any difficulty, but why does paragraph 1(2) refer to the transitional period? There will not be a transitional period if there is a hard Brexit and no deal.
My Lords, it seems to me, too, that nothing much has changed since we began our debate on this subject on 5 December. I said then that I felt trapped in a maze from which there was no way out. It seemed then that, despite the EU’s obvious shortcomings, we would almost certainly lose more than we would gain by leaving it. However, I was, and I still am, willing to respect the result of the...
More of Lord Hope of Craighead’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1995
Currently held offices
- Member, House of Lords Commission (since 1 Sep 2016)
- Member, Services Committee (since 1 Sep 2016)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (since 12 Oct 2015)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (since 12 Oct 2015)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Leave of Absence (since 12 Oct 2015)
- Convenor of the Crossbench Peers (since 28 Sep 2015)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (since 12 Jun 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Liaison Committee (Lords) (28 Oct 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Consultative Panel on Parliamentary Security (20 Oct 2015 to 19 Jun 2017)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (12 Oct 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (12 Oct 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (12 Oct 2015 to 28 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Nov 2014 to 11 Nov 2014)
- Member, Personal Service Companies Committee (12 Nov 2013 to 31 Mar 2014)
- Member, European Union Committee (3 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (5 Oct 1998 to 11 May 2001)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from