A selection of Lord Geddes's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Geddes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Geddes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Can my noble friend advise the House how often checks are made of the abuse of blue badges?
My Lords, has consideration been given to a minimum thickness of hull for these vast cruise ships, particularly those going to Antarctica?
My Lords, while warmly supporting the Question asked by the noble Lord, Lord Beith, I will follow up the supplementary put by my noble friend Lord Vinson. Will my noble friend on the Front Bench refute a comment made to me some years ago by the then spokesman for my party in this House on transport, in response to a supplementary question, that it was quicker to go from Newcastle to Edinburgh...
More of Lord Geddes’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1975
Currently held offices
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (since 10 Dec 2003)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Rookery South (Resource Recovery Facility) Order 2011 Committee (25 Jun 2012 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (16 May 2012 to 27 Nov 2012)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (10 Dec 2008 to 20 Jun 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (10 Dec 2003 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (3 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (23 Nov 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (20 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (22 Nov 1994 to 8 Oct 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (15 Nov 1990 to 17 Mar 1992)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (20 Nov 1986 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (6 Nov 1985 to 3 Nov 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Geddes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 65.11% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Geddes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from