A selection of Lord Geddes’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Geddes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Geddes’s full vote analysis page for more.
I was so fascinated by the noble Baroness’s speech.
Will my noble friend bring his undoubted acumen to bear, in addition to the rail fares, to simplifying buying tickets to park at railway stations, where you virtually need a degree in science to work it out?
Does my noble friend agree that there is a possibility of the law of unintended consequences in this context, for instance when a landlord requires to occupy the let premises themselves for medical reasons?
More of Lord Geddes’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1975
Currently held offices
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (since 10 Dec 2003)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 9 Dec 2002)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 18 Apr 2000)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (27 Jun 2017 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Rookery South (Resource Recovery Facility) Order 2011 Committee (25 Jun 2012 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (16 May 2012 to 27 Nov 2012)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (10 Dec 2008 to 20 Jun 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (10 Dec 2003 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee ( 8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market ( 8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) ( 3 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (19 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (23 Nov 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (20 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Nov 1994 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (22 Nov 1994 to 8 Oct 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (15 Nov 1990 to 17 Mar 1992)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (20 Nov 1986 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B ( 6 Nov 1985 to 3 Nov 1994)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)