A selection of Lord Dykes's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2006–2011
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2010
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dykes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dykes’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the outcome of their last meeting with the European Union Commission to discuss Brexit.
I thank the Minister for that optimistic Answer, but as these ghastly negotiations proceed it is highly likely that the EU will ask the Government to remain in both the customs union and the single market. Are the Government aware of this and preparing the ground for this event?
More of Lord Dykes’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 14 July 2004
Previously MP for Harrow East until 8 April 1997 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Associate Member, Quilter, Hilton, Goodison Stockbrokers. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Also represented Harrow East
Currently held offices
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 27 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Spokesperson for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (13 Nov 2007 to 1 May 2012)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Cap Reform), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (10 Jan 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2004 to 10 Dec 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (29 Nov 2004 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (3 May 1979 to 21 Mar 1997)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 296 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Dykes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 69.80% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 72 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dykes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 280 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from