A selection of Lord Redesdale's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Redesdale’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Redesdale’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they are planning to make provision for the introduction of national or local standards to regulate the re-homing of dogs which could pose a risk to their new owners.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they are planning to make provision for the introduction of national or local standards to oblige dog re-homing centres to make owners aware of any previous history of attacks on humans or other dogs by any dog being considered for re-homing.
If you look at Energy UK, which gives it by the half-hour, it is about 17% at the moment, but it goes up to about 22% and down to about 14%.
More of Lord Redesdale’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 18 April 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Former Liberal Democrat spokesman, House of Lords (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Spokesperson for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (8 Jan 2009 to 29 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Agriculture), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (21 Jul 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Energy), Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Agriculture & Energy), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (10 Jan 2007 to 21 Jul 2008)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (17 Nov 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Energy), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 10 Jan 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Energy), Trade & Industry (1 Jun 2005 to 10 Jan 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (22 Feb 2005 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Defence (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (12 Jan 1998 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (23 Nov 1993 to 17 Oct 1996)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from