A selection of Viscount Chandos’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 12 absences, between 2008–2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Viscount Chandos’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Viscount Chandos’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I congratulate the right reverend Prelate the Bishop of Newcastle and the noble Baroness, Lady Owen of Alderley Edge, on their truly excellent maiden speeches. Like the noble Lord, Lord Addington, I was almost exactly the same age as the noble Baroness when I made my maiden speech and I can assure her, like the noble Lord, Lord Addington, did, that her speech was very much more...
The cuts in real terms since 2010 of the Arts Council’s grant in aid are, I believe, about 40%.
More of Viscount Chandos’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 2 May 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman, Lopex plc (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Industry and Regulators Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee ( 8 Sep 2020 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee ( 1 Jul 2019 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, Intergenerational Fairness and Provision Committee (19 Jul 2018 to 26 Mar 2019)
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (18 Oct 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) ( 8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) ( 4 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A ( 6 Nov 1985 to 6 Nov 1986)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)