Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Lord Eden of Winton's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Eden of Winton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Eden of Winton’s full vote analysis page for more.
(Valedictory Speech) My Lords—
Thank you, my Lords. Towards the end of the last Session, under the terms of the House of Lords Reform Act 2014, I gave notice of my intention to retire on 11 June. I hesitated long before interrupting this debate with what is now called a valedictory since I know that it places rather unfortunate constraints on free movement in this House, but I felt that the precedent had already been set....
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the impact of oil palm plantations on world-wide climate and on the existence of indigenous animal species.
More of Lord Eden of Winton’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1983
Left the House of Lords on 11 June 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (8 Dec 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Chair, Home Affairs Committee (13 Nov 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Privileges Committee (3 May 1979 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (3 May 1979 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Chair, European Legislation Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 3 May 1979)
- Chair, European Legislation Sifting Sub-Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, European Legislation Sub-Committee I (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, European Legislation Sub-Committee II (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications) (7 Apr 1972 to 8 Mar 1974)
- Minister of State (Department of Trade and Industry) (15 Oct 1970 to 6 Apr 1972)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Technology) (23 Jun 1970 to 15 Oct 1970)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Eden of Winton’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 41.99% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 5 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from