A selection of Lord Dubs's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dubs’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dubs’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, would it not be more important to give the vote to 16 and 17 year-olds, whose future is in this country, than to people who have left this country, do not pay taxes and seem to have no interest in us?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they propose to take to reduce the number of diesel cars and other diesel vehicles.
My Lords, will the Minister confirm that diesel emissions from vehicles contribute to the early death of 30,000 people in the UK and 9,000 people in London and seriously endanger the health of children? Do we have to leave it to the Mayor of London to show any leadership in this?
More of Lord Dubs’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1994
Currently held offices
- Member, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communications Committee (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (16 Dec 2008 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2007 to 15 May 2012)
- Member, Committee on Regulators (23 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, European Union Committee (19 Nov 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (13 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (21 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Chair of Labour Peers (1 Jul 2000 to 1 Jul 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Northern Ireland Office (6 May 1997 to 2 Dec 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (Environment and Agriculture) (6 May 1997 to 31 Dec 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (28 Oct 1996 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Relations between Central and Local Government, Committee on (27 Nov 1995 to 2 Jul 1996)
- Member, European Union Committee (20 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (20 Nov 1995 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Home Affairs: Sub-Committee on Race Relations & Immigration (23 Nov 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (30 Jan 1981 to 9 Jun 1983)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from