A selection of the Earl of Dundee’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of the Earl of Dundee’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit the Earl of Dundee’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Knight of Weymouth, on introducing this very timely debate. I will briefly mention three aspects: international co-operation between universities; the extent to which reciprocal university programmes can also be supported by their cities, regions, industries and communities; and the relevance of public/private partnerships in funding, both here...
To ask His Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of increased deployment of halfway houses both pre-trial and post-custodial sentence on (1) the amount of people in custody, (2) levels of recidivism, and (3) levels of offender reintegration into society.
To ask His Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of measures used by other Council of Europe states whose levels of recidivism are lower than those of the UK.
More of The Earl of Dundee’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1983
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Service and Demographic Change Committee (29 May 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment (18 May 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (27 May 1999 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (24 Nov 1998 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (3 Jul 1997 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (15 Nov 1990 to 5 Nov 1993)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from