A selection of Lord Jordan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Jordan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Jordan’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to promote the work of charities such as citizenAID which seek to educate schools, universities, businesses and the general public on how to help the seriously injured in the event of a terrorist attack.
I thank the Minister for her reply, but more must be done. The country’s Security Service tells us that the question about the next terrorist attack is when, not if. Experience tells us that when it happens, the chaos and the programmed caution of the emergency services result in delayed treatment of people whose lives could be saved. Will the Government work with organisations such as...
More of Lord Jordan’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: General Secretary, International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (9 Dec 2008 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (29 Nov 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Jordan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 34.54% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Jordan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from