A selection of Lord Jordan's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Jordan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Jordan’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what guidance they have given to the housebuilding sector in order to reduce the number of accidents within the home.
In begging leave to ask the Question standing in my name on the Order Paper, I declare an interest as vice-president of RoSPA.
I thank the Minister for his reply. Some 11.5 million adults over 65 live in the UK. The NHS says that around one in three will have at least one fall every year, and about half of those will have more frequent falls. Falls continue to be a leading cause of accident-related A&E attendances and overnight hospital admissions. With their goal to build 300,000 houses a year, will the Government...
More of Lord Jordan’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 2000
Positions held at time of appointment: General Secretary, International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (9 Dec 2008 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (29 Nov 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Jordan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 34.01% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Jordan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 15 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from