A selection of Lord Bowness's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bowness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bowness’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they intend to replace the UK's representative to the NATO Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence in Riga, and if so when.
Future role of the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe in the light of the continued conflict in the east of Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation – Lord Bowness.
My Lords, I added my name to, spoke in favour of, and voted for the original amendment, and I believe that the arguments advanced in support of that amendment were correct and remain so today. The fact that the Government have chosen to force through the Bill in its unamended form does not change my view on that. It is perhaps worthy of noting, as it was noted by the noble and learned Lord,...
More of Lord Bowness’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Currently held offices
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (formerly Merits Committee) (since 12 Jun 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (15 Dec 2008 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 4 Feb 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (21 Nov 2006 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (2 Dec 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Committee on Chinook ZD 576 (2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from