A selection of Lord Bowness's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bowness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bowness’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answers by Viscount Younger of Leckie on 10 May (HL15426) and 22 May (HL15708), what are the sectors in which the UK trades with the United States solely on World Trade Organisation terms; and what sectors are covered by the agreements between the United States and the EU to which the UK is a party.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Viscount Younger of Leckie on 10 May (HL15426), how many of the countries with which the UK trades solely on World Trade Organisation terms have agreements with the EU to which the UK is a party.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answers by Viscount Younger of Leckie on 14 May (HL15424 and HL15425), which are the 27 members of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) with which the UK trades solely on WTO terms.
More of Lord Bowness’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (15 Dec 2008 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 4 Feb 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (21 Nov 2006 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (2 Dec 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Committee on Chinook ZD 576 (2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from