A selection of Lord Bowness’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, in 2011.
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Bowness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Bowness’s full vote analysis page for more.
Current state of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and steps to secure its future – Lord Bowness.
To ask His Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to secure an agreement within the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe on (1) a budget, and (2) a Chair-in-Office, for 2024.
More of Lord Bowness’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 17 January 1996
Party was Conservative until 23 Nov 2020
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Chair, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (15 Dec 2008 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 4 Feb 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (21 Nov 2006 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Member, European Union Committee ( 8 Dec 2003 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (26 Nov 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) ( 2 Dec 2002 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Committee on Chinook ZD 576 ( 2 Jul 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (12 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)