A selection of Baroness Wilkins's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Wilkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Wilkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, how will the department monitor the impact of the cap on Access to Work funding from the day it is introduced?
I am grateful to my noble friend Lord Whitty for securing this debate. We hear time and again how this country managed a major housebuilding programme after the war despite our devastated finances. We could do that again now if we were determined to do so. I grew up with pictures of the devastated City of London on my father’s office walls. He spent his civic life working to rehouse...
My Lords, the Law Commission recommended that taxis should have a duty to stop when hailed. Does the Minister not agree that it would cost nothing to enforce this and to tell taxi drivers that they would risk their licence if they did not?
More of Baroness Wilkins’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Left the House of Lords on 23 July 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Equality Act 2010 and Disability Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 9 Jul 2015)
- Member, Leader's Group on Working Practices Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 26 Apr 2011)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 2004 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (21 Jan 2004 to 27 May 2004)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 17 Nov 2003)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 18 Nov 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Wilkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.69% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 6 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 141 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from