As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Baroness Wilcox’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 13 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Wilcox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Wilcox’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I have been sitting here and listening for a long time. I have worked with these people and know their stories really well. We are also very passionate. We do not expect the English to get upset and worried—to love their boats, to want to bring in their youngsters, teach them properly and bring them forward. I tried to look back and see what things stuck out for me. A lobster...
To ask Her Majesty's Government what progress they have made in eliminating Japanese knotweed.
More of Baroness Wilcox’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (13 Sep 2016 to 9 Nov 2016)
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 2 Jul 2019)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 12 Jun 2018)
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- - Shadow Minister, Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Energy and Climate Change (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (9 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Women), Trade & Industry (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office, Constitutional Affairs (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (16 Dec 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson In the Lords, Cabinet Office (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Treasury (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Work & Pensions & Welfare Reform (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Economic Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Member, Committee On Religious Offences (15 May 2002 to 10 Apr 2003)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (13 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Mar 1998 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Select Committee on the Ceremony of Introduction (17 Dec 1997 to 30 Apr 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (28 Oct 1996 to 11 Nov 1999)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from