A selection of Baroness Wilcox's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 13 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Wilcox’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Wilcox’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank my noble friend the Minister for introducing this welcome Bill. Increasing the maximum sentence for online copyright infringement to 10 years, making it the same as that for physical copyright infringement, is a long overdue recognition of reality. To some extent, therefore, Clause 27, while most welcome, is merely playing catch-up. For many years, serious offenders in the...
My Lords, after being on the committee entrusted by the House with scrutiny of this Bill, I am only too fully aware of what a complex area of law intellectual property is—it is crucial that we get it right. We must ensure that we create a climate as positive as any in the world for businesses to innovate and grow, especially after we leave the European Union. I thank the Minister for...
My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lord Howe for moving that this House takes note of the Government’s assessment in the National Security Strategy and Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015 that the United Kingdom’s continuous at-sea nuclear deterrent should be maintained. I agree 100% and I support the Government in this. We must build the replacements we need. It is a pity...
More of Baroness Wilcox’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee (since 12 Jun 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (13 Sep 2016 to 9 Nov 2016)
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (17 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- - Shadow Minister, Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Energy and Climate Change (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (9 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Women), Trade & Industry (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office, Constitutional Affairs (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (16 Dec 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Spokesperson In the Lords, Cabinet Office (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Treasury (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Work & Pensions & Welfare Reform (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Economic Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Member, Committee On Religious Offences (15 May 2002 to 10 Apr 2003)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (13 Dec 2000 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (6 Dec 1999 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (25 Mar 1998 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Select Committee on the Ceremony of Introduction (17 Dec 1997 to 30 Apr 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (28 Oct 1996 to 11 Nov 1999)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Wilcox’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 60.23% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 17 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Wilcox’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 442 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from