A selection of Lord Williams of Elvel's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Williams of Elvel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Williams of Elvel’s full vote analysis page for more.
With respect to the noble and learned Lord, as a matter of English language, there is a word “exceptional”, which is perfectly clear. What is the difference in his mind between “exceptional” and “very exceptional”?
My Lords, I cannot see what attitude the Minister is taking towards the CLA amendments, as was raised by my noble friend Lord Campbell-Savours. Will he please set it out very simply ?
My Lords, I follow the noble Lord, Lord Crickhowell, in two senses: first, we must listen to what happens in another place; and, secondly, we must not resile from our duty to be a revising Chamber. In passing, I endorse the view of the noble and learned Lord, Lord Hope of Craighead, that option 1 will not fly. I also endorse the view of the noble Lord, Lord Norton of Louth, that conventions...
More of Lord Williams of Elvel’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1985
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (since 20 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (24 Nov 2009 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, European Union Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (5 Oct 1997 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (12 Dec 1989 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (11 Dec 1989 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (18 Nov 1986 to 2 Jul 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Williams of Elvel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 55.64% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Williams of Elvel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from