(Valedictory Speech) My Lords, I thank all those who are contributing to this important debate for taking a couple of seconds off each of their speeches. I apologise and I will endeavour not to take any more than a couple of seconds out of their speeches. I also thank my many friends and colleagues in the House for coming to this Thursday afternoon occasion, which I know is not the easiest to...
I apologise to the noble Lord, but there is a question that is central to this: would he and his party be prepared to take part in an all-party commission, possibly a parliamentary one, in order to get the quickest possible effective answer for the terrible crisis that has been outlined in this debate?
My Lords, this is a very important debate and I wish there were more time for it to be conducted. I thank the noble Lord who initiated it. However, we are living in a fairyland in which we are talking about further improvements in the NHS, most notably a 24/7 service, at a time when the existing structure is under the most desperate threat. As we all know, another £200 million is to be...
More of Baroness Williams of Crosby’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Left the House of Lords on 11 February 2016
Other offices held in the past
- Leader In the House of Lords (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Leader, House of Lords (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (26 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (21 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Liberal Democrat Leader in the House of Lords (13 Jun 2001 to 22 Jun 2004)
- Member, European Union Committee (20 Nov 1995 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (20 Nov 1995 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (23 Nov 1993 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Secretary of State for Education and Science (10 Sep 1976 to 4 May 1979)
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (8 Apr 1976 to 4 May 1979)
- Secretary of State for Prices and Consumer Protection (5 Mar 1974 to 9 Sep 1976)
- Shadow Secretary of State (4 May 1973 to 28 Feb 1974)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Dec 1971 to 1 Dec 1973)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1970 to 1 Mar 1981)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Jun 1970 to 19 Oct 1971)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (13 Oct 1969 to 19 Jun 1970)
- Minister of State (Department of Education and Science) (7 Jan 1967 to 13 Oct 1969)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Ministry of Labour) (6 Apr 1966 to 7 Jan 1967)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Williams of Crosby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 52.18% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 28 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 509 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from