My Lords, I thank the Minister for his ability to deliver a compromise position between what appeared to be diametrically opposed attacks in this group of amendments. He has done very well and almost satisfied me—I thank him for that and for his previous discussions. Clearly, my amendments envisage a fairly narrow gateway, and in her latest remarks the noble Baroness, Lady Finlay, was...
More of Lord Whitty’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1996
Currently held offices
- Chair, EU Internal Market Sub-Committee (since 23 Jun 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Trade Union Political Funds and Political Party Funding Committee (28 Jan 2016 to 29 Feb 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (8 Oct 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Apr 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (6 Jun 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Food, Farming and Sustainable Energy) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (12 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (11 Jun 2001 to 11 May 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (28 Jul 1998 to 11 Jun 2001)
- Government Whip (technically a Lord in Waiting, HM Household) (7 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Whitty’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 71.37% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Whitty’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2108 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from