A selection of Baroness Whitaker's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Whitaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Whitaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Implementing the recommendations of the report of the Joint Committee on Human Rights 'Immigration Detention' – Baroness Whitaker.
To ask Her Majesty's Government which of the eight key recommendations they plan to implement from the final report by Leeds GATE, the University of Dundee and the University of York Enhancing Gypsy, Roma and Traveller peoples’ trust: using maternity and early years’ health services and dental health services as exemplars of mainstream service provision, published on 14 September 2018.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to ensure that Ofsted's new criteria make their assessment of the role of the creative arts in the curriculum essential to educational establishments receiving a "good" report.
More of Baroness Whitaker’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (since 17 May 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2003 to 31 Jul 2003)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (3 Jul 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from