A selection of Baroness Whitaker's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Whitaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Whitaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, in view of the Government’s answer to the questions on this subject yesterday, can the Minister give the House a categorical assurance that there is nothing in the report that embarrasses the Government in any way?
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the Equality and Human Rights Commission report Gypsy and Traveller sites: the revised planning definition's impact on assessing accommodation needs, published on 13 September.
My Lords, the noble Lord will agree that if we want to make a real impact on climate change we have to get fossil fuels out of the system. In that respect, what are the Government going to do about phasing out the use of domestic gas boilers?
More of Baroness Whitaker’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Sentencing (Pre-consolidation Amendments) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (since 20 Jun 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (17 May 2018 to 19 Mar 2019)
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2003 to 31 Jul 2003)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (3 Jul 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from