A selection of Baroness Whitaker's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Whitaker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Whitaker’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, the Government have spent a very long time considering this mild, progressive and very popular proposal. Where does the opposition come from?
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the report by the Commission on Religious Education, Religion and Worldviews: the way forward. A national plan for RE, published in September; and whether they intend to provide a response to that report.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will make representations to the government of Pakistan to restore the right to travel of Gulalai Ismail who was arrested on her return to Pakistan.
More of Baroness Whitaker’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (since 17 May 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, National Policy for the Built Environment Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
- Member, Intergovernmental Organisations Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 7 Jul 2008)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2003 to 31 Jul 2003)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (3 Jul 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Dec 2000 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from