A selection of Lord Palmer’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Palmer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Palmer’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Leader of the House what steps he is taking to encourage members to keep supplementary questions short and succinct.
My Lords, have His Majesty’s Government estimated the loss to the Treasury if England became smoke-free?
My Lords, I have been travelling up and down the east coast main line for 71 years, and I would like to place on record how incredibly helpful, polite and nice all the staff are, whether it be actually in Scotland or in England. They deserve a serious clap on the back.
More of Lord Palmer’s recent appearances
Former Crossbench Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1990
Left the House of Lords on 10 July 2023
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (27 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) ( 7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) ( 6 Dec 2004 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D ( 6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee ( 5 Jun 1997 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (28 Nov 1995 to 7 Nov 2002)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)