A selection of Lady Saltoun of Abernethy’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lady Saltoun of Abernethy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lady Saltoun of Abernethy’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, 60 years ago, when I was 12 years old, I was prepared for confirmation. In those days, confirmation was taken very seriously. We had to learn the whole catechism by heart and be able to answer the questions in it correctly, in the words of the Book of Common Prayer, not just in our own words. We learnt about the sacraments and what a sacrament was: an outward and visible sign of an...
My Lords, what makes the Government think that, if this House is to continue to do what it is doing at present, 300 Members will be sufficient to service the committees and the offices that have to be serviced? I have worked out that 300 would not be nearly enough and that it would take 450 Members to do the job. Would the noble Lord care to comment?
More of Lady Saltoun of Abernethy’s recent appearances
Former Crossbench Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1979
Left the House of Lords on 12 December 2014 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) ( 7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (27 Nov 1995 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) ( 1 Dec 1993 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee ( 1 Apr 1990 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (27 Nov 1986 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (20 Nov 1984 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) ( 6 Dec 1982 to 3 Nov 1994)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.