A selection of Lord Patten’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Patten’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Patten’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask His Majesty's Government when, during the past 10 years, Royal Navy vessels have visited Tunisian waters and ports.
To ask His Majesty's Government whether they intend to support educational aid and assistance to Tunisia.
To ask His Majesty's Government what is their assessment of the role of Tunisia in promoting security along the Mediterranean littoral of northern Africa.
More of Lord Patten’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State for Education and Science (10 Apr 1992 to 20 Jul 1994)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (13 Jun 1987 to 9 Apr 1992)
- Minister of State (Department of Environment) (Housing) (2 Sep 1985 to 12 Jun 1987)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health and Social Security) (14 Jun 1983 to 2 Sep 1985)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (5 Jan 1981 to 13 Jun 1983)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from