A selection of Viscount Montgomery of Alamein's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
We have lots more plain English analysis of Viscount Montgomery of Alamein’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Viscount Montgomery of Alamein’s full vote analysis page for more.
(Valedictory Speech) My Lords, this is the last time you will hear from me. Many of you will be very pleased to know that. I speak from the Cross Benches now. When I first came here in 1976 as a hereditary Peer, of course we did not have elections then; I just came here and took my seat. I stayed here from 1976 to 1999, when the reform process took place, organised very efficiently, if I may...
More of Viscount Montgomery of Alamein’s recent appearances
Former Crossbench Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 28 June 2005
Left the House of Lords on 23 July 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (22 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (1 Dec 1993 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (6 Dec 1988 to 22 Oct 1991)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Viscount Montgomery of Alamein’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 27.47% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 2 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from