A selection of Lord Goldsmith's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Goldsmith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Goldsmith’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, this has been a rollercoaster of a week, not just from a political point of view but from a legal point of view. I say at the outset that I have some sympathy for the position of the Attorney-General. No one who has not done that job will appreciate how difficult it can be. He expressed himself robustly and with great confidence in another place; it was a stupendous performance, for...
My Lords, I do not intend to come back on the question of whether or not the Attorney-General’s advice should be disclosed; my views on the undesirability of that in the past are well known. I want to come on to the question of substance, which is important. The Minister has talked about the backstop and how it may be avoided. Could he confirm that the backstop will come in unless there is...
More of Lord Goldsmith’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Constitution Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Attorney General (Law Officers) (12 Jun 2001 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Attorney General, Law Officers' Department (11 Jun 2001 to 28 Jun 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Goldsmith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 47.78% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Goldsmith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 675 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from