A selection of Lord Goldsmith's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Goldsmith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Goldsmith’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I am grateful to the noble and learned Lord for repeating the Statement made by the right honourable Attorney-General in another place. The purpose of the Statement was to provide the Attorney-General’s opinion on the implications of the three documents produced following the Prime Minister’s dash to Strasbourg yesterday. The purpose was, of course, what the Prime Minister had...
The noble and learned Lord has given us extreme examples such as unconscionable behaviour and all the rest of it, but does he not agree that the most likely circumstance in which we fail to agree is because we fail to agree? We have seen it over a period of time already, and know that it does not have to be unconscionable or as a result of bad faith. In those circumstances, none of these...
More of Lord Goldsmith’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Constitution Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 2010 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Attorney General (Law Officers) (12 Jun 2001 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Attorney General, Law Officers' Department (11 Jun 2001 to 28 Jun 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Goldsmith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 47.41% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Goldsmith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 677 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from