A selection of Baroness Goudie’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Goudie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Goudie’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lady Andrews for bringing this crucial topic to the House. It is vital that this Government think seriously about early education and implement strategies to mitigate the awful reductions in education attainment across the whole spectrum of school age groups, made significantly worse since the Covid-19 pandemic. We all know that a child, even before it is...
To ask His Majesty's Government to report on their participation in the negotiations on a United Nations binding treaty on business and human rights during the ninth session of the open-ended intergovernmental working group on transnational corporations and other business enterprises with respect to human rights.
To ask His Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the merits of (1) calling for stronger provisions on legal liability and clear redress for victims, and (2) ensuring references to the right to a safe, clean, healthy and sustainable environment, in a United Nations binding treaty on business and human rights.
More of Baroness Goudie’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Currently held offices
- Member, Windsor Framework Sub-Committee (since 18 Jul 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Adult Social Care Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 21 Nov 2022)
- Member, Charities Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (22 Jul 2021 to 18 Nov 2021)
- Member, Windsor Framework Sub-Committee (14 Apr 2021 to 11 Jan 2023)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee ( 4 Feb 2021 to 29 Apr 2021)
- Member, EU Security and Justice Sub-Committee (23 Apr 2020 to 11 Jan 2023)
- Member, EU Justice Sub-Committee ( 2 Jul 2019 to 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, Finance Committee (Lords) ( 1 Sep 2016 to 28 Jan 2021)
- Member, Licensing Act 2003 Committee (25 May 2016 to 4 Apr 2017)
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Member, Insurance Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Nov 2014 to 24 Dec 2014)
- Member, Soft Power Committee (16 May 2013 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Dec 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) ( 4 Dec 2008 to 25 Apr 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (15 Jun 2005 to 15 Feb 2006)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (24 Nov 1998 to 30 Nov 2000)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)