A selection of the Countess of Mar's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of the Countess of Mar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit the Countess of Mar’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I declare my interests, as in the register. While I entirely endorse what the Minister said about improving the environment, could he please make sure that the waterways themselves are kept clear to prevent flooding? When riverbeds become swamped with weeds and things, the water will not flow through and away, which causes flooding.
My Lords, frequently children with ME are diagnosed as having a mental health problem at school, which leads them into child protection proceedings. Can the Minister please ensure that the people responsible are aware of the fact that ME is not a mental health condition so that these children are not treated as mental health patients?
My Lords, we electronically tag all our animals—I speak as a former farmer. Why cannot we electronically tag humans? We could all have microchips, and then we would know where we were.
More of The Countess of Mar’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1975
Currently held offices
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 12 Jun 2014)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (16 May 2013 to 12 May 2016)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (2 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2012)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (15 Jan 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (20 Nov 2003 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (26 Jun 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (20 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (18 Nov 1982 to 6 Nov 1986)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from