A selection of Lord Marlesford's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 5 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Marlesford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Marlesford’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, although we can indeed strike new trade deals when we leave the EU on 31 March, is not the bitter truth that they remain no-deals until they can be implemented, and that they will not be able to be implemented until the implementation period ends and we have not joined the backstop?
To ask Her Majesty's Government what (1) advice is available, and (2) guidance has been given by HMRC, to VAT-registered businesses on how to implement the changes in VAT reporting obligations that will come into force on 1 April 2019.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proportion of the A30 trunk road between Exeter and Penzance is not yet dual carriageway; and what plans they have to convert those sections to dual carriageway.
More of Lord Marlesford’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1991
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, European Union Committee (16 May 2012 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (24 Nov 2009 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (24 May 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs, and International Trade (26 Nov 2003 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (26 Jun 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (4 Dec 1991 to 17 Mar 1992)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (12 Nov 1991 to 8 Nov 1995)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from