A selection of Baroness Warnock's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Warnock’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Warnock’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, the Government are right in their response to insist that the Mental Capacity Act is innovative, in that at the heart of the Act lies the so-called empowerment ethic. This is entailed in principle (3) of the Act, which states: “A person is not to be treated as unable to make a decision unless all practicable steps to help him to do so have been taken without success”. This...
I entirely agree with my noble friend.
I rise simply to underline everything that the noble Lord, Lord Winston, has just said. It seems to me a disgraceful possibility that individual private clinics might be allowed to exploit these vulnerable people. The words that the noble Lord quoted show that this could happen automatically. It is not just that people may be allowed: the suggestion is that they will be allowed, unless some...
More of Baroness Warnock’s recent appearances
Former Crossbench Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1985
Left the House of Lords on 1 June 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 7 May 2005)
- Member, Committee On Animals In Scientific Procedures (28 Jun 2001 to 16 Jul 2002)
- Member, Medical Ethics Select Committee (22 Nov 1993 to 31 Jan 1994)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (30 Jul 1987 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (30 Jun 1987 to 16 Nov 1988)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Warnock’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 37.36% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 6 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 90 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from