A selection of Viscount Astor’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 6 votes against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Viscount Astor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Viscount Astor’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I have two questions for my noble friend the Minister. I congratulate him on finally producing the White Paper, which has 256 pages. However, there are two bits missing, so to speak, the first of which is about how these policies will be subject to parliamentary oversight. It is not clear how the Gambling Commission will receive policy decisions from the Government and how it will...
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the conclusions of the PricewaterhouseCoopers report Review of unlicensed online gambling in the UK, published on 3 February 2021; in particular, the conclusion that unlicensed gambling has grown to a turnover of £1.4 billion with 460,000 users.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking in conjunction with the Gambling Commission to prevent unlicensed online gambling.
More of Viscount Astor’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1966
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport), Culture, Media & Sport (16 Dec 2005 to 7 Dec 2006)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, The Family & Culture, Media & Sport (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport ( 9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Environment and Transport (22 Feb 2005 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport ( 6 Jul 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee ( 3 Dec 1990 to 22 Oct 1991)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)