A selection of the Earl of Courtown’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for university tuition fees Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Almost always voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, 7 absences, between 2008–2011.
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
We have lots more plain English analysis of the Earl of Courtown’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit the Earl of Courtown’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, Tuesday brought devastating news of the resumption of armed conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. The Government urge Azerbaijan to cease military action and return to peaceful dialogue. Violence is never the answer. Yesterday details emerged of a ceasefire. We call on parties to respect this and encourage Baku to continue talks with the local population on a settlement that protects the...
My Lords, I could not agree more with the right reverend Prelate. As he is aware, the situation is unclear at present. That is why we are pushing so hard for talks and a lasting peace. He also mentioned the relationship to faith. I will of course make that clear to my noble friend Lord Ahmad, who is at the United Nations.
The noble Lord mentions reconciliation and is quite right on that issue. There have to be talks between the parties, a lasting peace, a cease of violence, and humanitarian access. The points he makes are well made.
More of The Earl of Courtown’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1975
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Lords) (since 1 Sep 2016)
- Captain of the Queen's Bodyguard of the Yeomen of the Guard (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Lords) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Lord in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (14 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee D - Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy (17 May 2012 to 4 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (17 Oct 2011 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) ( 6 Dec 1999 to 11 May 2001)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)