A selection of Lord Cope of Berkeley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2006–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Cope of Berkeley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Cope of Berkeley’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, can my noble friend tell the House whether the Secretary of State took the opportunity while she was there to visit any part of the Occupied Palestinian Territories? In particular, did she go to the DfID office in occupied East Jerusalem? It is in a part of East Jerusalem where there is a good deal of illegal Israeli settlement activity, which she could have observed. Of course,...
My Lords, the noble Lord has got a whole series of different complaints which are not relevant to this debate off his chest, and I hope he feels better for it, but I hope he will forgive me if I do not follow him exactly in what he had to say. The noble Lord, Lord Grocott, has based his case, as he often does—I beg your pardon, as he always does I think—on logic. That is his...
My Lords, it is time to resume the debate on the Motion tabled in the name of the noble Lord, Lord Jay. I congratulate the Select Committee on its report, and indeed its early appearance is especially valuable. It has been said by some that for the British Government negotiating Brexit, the Northern Ireland border with its various ramifications is perhaps the most intractable part of the...
More of Lord Cope of Berkeley’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Lords) (since 1 Sep 2016)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (since 19 Jan 2009)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (16 May 2013 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Chair, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 1 May 2012)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (1 Feb 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Chief Whips, Whips (9 Jul 2007 to 9 Jul 2007)
- Member, Joint Committee on Security (24 May 2005 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Chief Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Opposition Chief Whip, Whips (17 Mar 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Chief Whip, Parliament (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Chief Whip, Whips (10 May 2004 to 17 Mar 2005)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Accommodation Steering Group Committee (13 Nov 2002 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (28 Jun 2001 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (21 Jun 2001 to 8 Oct 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (13 Dec 2000 to 8 Oct 2007)
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jan 1995 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Paymaster General (HM Treasury) (14 Apr 1992 to 19 Jul 1994)
- Deputy Chair & Treasurer, Conservative Party (1 Aug 1990 to 31 Jul 1992)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (25 Jul 1989 to 28 Nov 1990)
- Minister of State (Department of Employment) (13 Jun 1987 to 25 Jul 1989)
- Treasurer of HM Household (Deputy Chief Whip) (11 Jun 1983 to 14 Jun 1987)
- Member, House of Commons (Services) Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): New Building Sub-Committee (9 Jun 1983 to 15 May 1987)
- Government Whip (9 Jan 1981 to 13 Jun 1983)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (16 May 1979 to 9 Jan 1981)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (1 Nov 1978 to 9 Jun 1983)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Cope of Berkeley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.16% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Cope of Berkeley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 473 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from