A selection of Baroness Jay of Paddington's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Jay of Paddington’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Jay of Paddington’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, like the noble Lord, Lord Hayward, I had the privilege of being a member of the delegation on behalf of the Commonwealth that was one of the observers at the elections in Zimbabwe in the summer. In our report, we acknowledged many of the concerns that have been raised around the House this afternoon, and in particular the one about the potential for Zimbabwe to be readmitted to the...
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many statutory instruments they expect to lay before Parliament to address any gaps in the statute book arising from the UK’s withdrawal from the EU; and how many of those instruments they anticipate will be laid under (1) the EU (Withdrawal) Act 2018, and (2) other primary legislation.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many statutory instruments they expect to lay before Parliament under the EU (Withdrawal) Act 2018 in each month to March 2019.
More of Baroness Jay of Paddington’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1992
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (since 25 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Political Polling and Digital Media Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 20 Mar 2018)
- Member, Communications Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Extradition Law Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 25 Feb 2015)
- Chair, Constitution Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Constitution Committee (25 Nov 2009 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (17 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (15 Dec 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (26 Nov 1998 to 11 Feb 2001)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (6 Oct 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- President of the Council, Privy Council Office (27 Jul 1998 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (9 Jun 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Minister of State, Department of Health (5 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
- Member, Medical Ethics Select Committee (22 Nov 1993 to 31 Jan 1994)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from