As a result of COVID-19, some MPs have been less able to vote in Parliament, and this will be reflected in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Lord Faulkner of Worcester's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Faulkner of Worcester’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Faulkner of Worcester’s full vote analysis page for more.
The noble Baroness, Lady Andrews, is now not participating in the debate, so I call the noble Lord, Lord Flight.
I have received no requests from noble Lords to speak after the Minister, so I call the noble Lord, Lord Bruce of Bennachie.
We now come to the group beginning with Amendment 61. I remind noble Lords that Members other than the mover and the Minister may speak only once and that short questions of elucidation are discouraged. Anyone wishing to press this or the other amendment in this group to a Division should make that clear in debate. Clause 27: Fair dealing obligations of business purchasers of agricultural products
More of Lord Faulkner of Worcester’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Goods Sub-Committee (since 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 1 Jul 2019)
- Member, SLSC Sub-Committee A (since 4 Sep 2018)
- Member, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (since 6 Mar 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 22 Dec 2015)
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee (2 Jul 2019 to 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill (Joint) Committee (25 Feb 2019 to 18 Jul 2019)
- Member, Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (27 Jun 2017 to 28 Jan 2020)
- Member, EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee (12 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Equality Act 2010 and Disability Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 15 Mar 2016)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee F - Home Affairs, Health and Education (9 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Committee (16 May 2013 to 6 Nov 2013)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (9 May 2013 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, Rookery South (Resource Recovery Facility) Order 2011 Committee (25 Jun 2012 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (6 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Government Whip (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Government Whip (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (19 Feb 2007 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (9 Sep 2003 to 22 Jul 2004)
- Member, Personal Bills Committee (2 Jul 2001 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (6 Dec 1999 to 20 Nov 2003)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from