A selection of Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what estimate they have made of the number of students taking subjects linked to design at (1) primary, (2) secondary, and (3) tertiary level, in each year since 2009; and what steps they are taking to increase the uptake of those subjects.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the distribution of grant-in-aid funding; and what plans they have to increase the number of museums which are in receipt of grant-in-aid funding.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what proportion of the value of UK exports to (1) EU, and (2) non-EU, countries are linked to the design sector.
More of Baroness Bonham-Carter of Yarnbury’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 21 July 2004
Positions held at time of appointment: Member, Advisory Board, Centre for Reform and Member, Advisory Board for Britain and Europe. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 7 Sep 2015)
- Member, Communications Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Media and the Creative Industries) (1 Jun 2015 to 7 Sep 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (18 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C - Foreign Affairs, Defence and Development Policy (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Communications Committee (23 Apr 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (19 Dec 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Shadow Minister (17 Aug 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- Member, BBC Charter Review Committee (24 May 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Culture, Media & Sport (22 Feb 2005 to 17 Aug 2006)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (29 Nov 2004 to 30 Nov 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from