A selection of Baroness Burt of Solihull's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Burt of Solihull’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Burt of Solihull’s full vote analysis page for more.
Closing the gender pay gap – Baroness Burt of Solihull.
My Lords, LGBT asylum seekers have already faced persecution in their countries of origin. This report shows that, having risked everything to get here, they are now facing it again. Does the Minister agree that, in order to tackle a problem, you have to quantify it first? Why has the Home Office refused to break down asylum seeker numbers by gender identity and sexual orientation?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what measures they are taking to ensure the provision of specialist employment support to disabled jobseekers from 2017 onwards.
More of Baroness Burt of Solihull’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 10 November 2015
Previously MP for Solihull until 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Solihull
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Departments: Equal Opportunities
- UK Trade and Investment
- Departmental Procurement
- Departmental Contracts
- Shareholder Executive
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Equalities) (since 28 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 Nov 2015 to 28 Oct 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (4 Nov 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (20 Dec 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Chair of the Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party (25 Oct 2007 to 1 Nov 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (3 Aug 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (2 May 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Apr 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
- Shadow Minister (Northern Ireland) (10 May 2005 to 3 Aug 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from