A selection of Baroness Kramer's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Kramer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Kramer’s full vote analysis page for more.
Would the Minister be willing to meet on one occasion to take up that issue of whistleblowers?
My Lords, I am a strong supporter of HS2. I was before I had the privilege of becoming a Minister in the last 18 months of the coalition Government, when I became the Minister responsible for phase 2. Hours and days were spent on the ground seeing not only extraordinary challenges but huge opportunities to regenerate economies that had fallen behind and essentially to change the future...
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they plan to extend to the Defence Medical Services the same changes to pension tax rules that they are offering to senior consultants within the National Health Service.
More of Baroness Kramer’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 10 January 2011
Previously MP for Richmond Park until 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Richmond Park
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Departmental ICT
- Waterloo Station
- Departmental Staff
- Cluster Munitions
- Pre-School Education: Finance
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (since 4 Sep 2018)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Treasury and Economy) (since 7 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jun 2015 to 7 Sep 2015)
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (7 Oct 2013 to 7 May 2015)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (4 Dec 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Cabinet Office (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (4 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Transport) (1 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (20 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, Trade & Industry (19 Dec 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (International Development) (1 Jul 2006 to 20 Dec 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2006 to 20 Dec 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development, International Development (21 Mar 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Apr 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 136 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Kramer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 35 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Kramer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 435 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
1. Remunerated directorships
Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London); financial consulting on infrastructure projects (unremunerated).
Speciality Scanners Plc (London); developers of dedicated magnetic resonance scanners for breast cancer diagnosis and management; not at present remunerated directly but options held in lieu of fees.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Fee of £150 to be received for completing a survey for IPSOS
/Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY, on 30 June 2009. Hours: 1.5hrs. Fee to be donated to charity. (Registered 14 July 2009).
4. Sponsorship or financial or material support
Donation to my constituency
party campaign fund from Giles Wilkes, of Putney. (Registered 26 March 2009)
Address of donor: Park Avenue, London, SW14 8RG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Received a bunch of flowers for handing out prizes and giving a speech. Hours: 1.5hrs. Estimated value: £15.
Date of receipt: 9 July 2009
Date of acceptance: 9 July 2009
Donor status: School
(Registered 14 July 2009).
8. Land and Property
Interest in a family trust which owns and manages a ranch in California, USA
, from which rental income is received.
Interest in a holiday flat in Southern Spain.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from