A selection of Baroness Kramer's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensions
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Kramer’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Kramer’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I listened to the discussion of this Urgent Question in the other place and it is evident that, month after month, Members from across the House have been bringing their complaints not just to Concentrix but to HMRC and Ministers and have essentially been ignored until the BBC got involved in the process. Does the Minister agree that this is a good indication that for tax credits...
My Lords, at the bottom of all this is surely the issue of fairness. If individuals pay their taxes because they wish to pay for living in a civilised society, surely that is the obligation of businesses as well. That is at the heart of what we are discussing today. We have often seen in recent years businesses failing to recognise the importance of that contribution to the society in which...
I point out to the noble Lord that we have just had a debate on the Finance Bill in which not a single Conservative Back-Bencher spoke. I suggest that he is a little more careful when he decides that finger-pointing is appropriate.
More of Baroness Kramer’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 10 January 2011
Previously MP for Richmond Park until 12 April 2010 — General election (stood again)
Entered the House of Commons on 5 May 2005 — General election
Also represented Richmond Park
Topics of interest
- Schools and Families
- Home Department
- Departmental ICT
- Waterloo Station
- Departmental Staff
- Cluster Munitions
- Pre-School Education: Finance
Currently held offices
- Liberal Democrat Lords Principal Spokesperson on the Treasury and Economy (since 7 Sep 2015)
- Shadow LD Spokesperson (Economics) (since 29 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Liberal Democrat Lords Principal Spokesperson on the Treasury (1 Jun 2015 to 7 Sep 2015)
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (7 Oct 2013 to 7 May 2015)
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (4 Dec 2012 to 5 Mar 2013)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Cabinet Office (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (15 Nov 2007 to 22 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport, Transport (4 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (20 Dec 2006 to 1 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, Trade & Industry (19 Dec 2006 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2006 to 20 Dec 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development, International Development (21 Mar 2006 to 19 Dec 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 24 Apr 2006)
- Shadow Minister, Treasury (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 May 2005 to 10 Mar 2006)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 76 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Kramer’s speeches
- Has received answers to 58 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.40% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 47 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Kramer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 268 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
1. Remunerated directorships
Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London); financial consulting on infrastructure projects (unremunerated).
Speciality Scanners Plc (London); developers of dedicated magnetic resonance scanners for breast cancer diagnosis and management; not at present remunerated directly but options held in lieu of fees.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Fee of £150 to be received for completing a survey for IPSOS
/Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London, SE1 1FY, on 30 June 2009
. Hours: 1.5hrs. Fee to be donated to charity. (Registered 14 July 2009
4. Sponsorship or financial or material support
Address of donor: Park Avenue, London, SW14 8RG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Received a bunch of flowers for handing out prizes and giving a speech. Hours: 1.5hrs. Estimated value: £15.
Date of receipt: 9 July 2009
Date of acceptance: 9 July 2009
Donor status: School
(Registered 14 July 2009).
8. Land and Property
Interest in a family trust which owns and manages a ranch in California, USA
, from which rental income is received.
Interest in a holiday flat in Southern Spain.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Infrastructure Capital Partners Ltd (London).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from