A selection of Lord Barker of Battle's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
18 votes for, 34 votes against, 16 absences, between 2008–2014
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2007–2012
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2013
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2007–2015
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2004–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Barker of Battle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Barker of Battle’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of progress made on the sale of the Green Investment Bank.
On that point of whether the Government should retain a stake, it is important, for example, in management buyouts, where the management may only have a small stake but nevertheless is shown to have a financial interest in the ongoing success of the institution. A lot of people—particularly foreign investors coming into the UK—would see that point; a small, although not...
More of Lord Barker of Battle’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 November 2015
Previously MP for Bexhill and Battle until 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 7 June 2001 — General election
Also represented Bexhill and Battle
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- International Development
- Trade and Industry
- Energy and Climate Change
- Departmental Energy
- CDC Capital Partners
- Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (13 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) (6 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 31 Jul 2008)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (28 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Aug 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Broadcasting Committee (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (5 Nov 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Barker of Battle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.19% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 36 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Barker of Battle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
1. Remunerated directorships
Director, Flare View Ltd.; property investment company holding freehold property let to commercial tenants.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Received on 28 November 2014
, £20,000 plus return airfare and hotel accommodation for providing strategic advice and consultancy to sovereign investment fund. Name and address of payer: Ras Al Khaimah Development LLC
, Level 38 Julphar Commercial Tower, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
. Hours: 30 hrs approx. (Registered 15 December 2014)
8. Land and Property
Freehold commercial business park property in East Anglia
, from which I receive rental income.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Flare View Ltd;
(b) New European Property Holdings Ltd. (NEPH
(b) Igroland Ltd; owns and operates children’s entertainment centres in Ukraine.
(b) Mottra Ltd; food manufacture and distribution
(b) Hedleigh Mayfair Ltd (Investment property holdings, London W1
) (Registered 30 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from