A selection of Lord Young of Cookham's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Young of Cookham’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Young of Cookham’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, has my noble friend had time to read the excellent report by the Select Committee on Economic Affairs, Building More Homes, which I hope we will have time to debate, and has he seen the comment on page 75? It says: “The current restrictions on the ability of local authorities to borrow to build social housing are arbitrary and anomalous”. Will he pursue this with the new...
To ask Her Majesty’s Government on what date they plan to publish the Tobacco Control Plan for England.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government when the Secretary of State will make a determination under section 69 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016.
More of Lord Young of Cookham’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 12 October 2015
Previously MP for North West Hampshire until 30 March 2015 — General election
Entered the House of Commons on 28 February 1974 — General election
Also represented North West Hampshire; Ealing Acton
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Local Government and the Regions
- Members: Correspondence
- Departmental Staffing
- Safeguarding Children
- Prisons: Overcrowding
Currently held offices
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (since 3 Nov 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (19 Oct 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (12 Jul 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- The Leader of the House of Commons (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (28 Oct 2009 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (8 Sep 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 21 Oct 2009)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (5 Nov 2001 to 14 Oct 2009)
- Chair, Standards and Privileges Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 14 Oct 2009)
- Member, Committee of Selection (3 Jul 2001 to 26 Oct 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (15 Jun 1999 to 26 Sep 2000)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (5 Jun 1998 to 25 Oct 2000)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (2 Jun 1998 to 26 Sep 2000)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (11 Jun 1997 to 2 Jun 1998)
- Secretary of State for Transport (5 Jul 1995 to 4 May 1997)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (18 Oct 1994 to 17 Oct 1995)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (20 Jul 1994 to 5 Jul 1995)
- Minister (Department of Environment) (Housing) (28 Nov 1990 to 19 Jul 1994)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): New Building Sub-Committee (30 Oct 1990 to 18 Dec 1990)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): Accomodation & Administration Sub-Committee (30 Oct 1990 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, House of Commons (Services) Committee (19 Oct 1990 to 18 Dec 1990)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (23 Jul 1990 to 28 Nov 1990)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (15 Sep 1981 to 10 Sep 1986)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health and Social Security) (7 May 1979 to 15 Sep 1981)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Mr Neal O’Kelly
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £9,000 in sponsoring my golden wedding party on 19 July 2014, for which tickets were sold by the North West Hampshire Conservative Association.
Date of receipt of donation: 13 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 19 July 2014
Donor status: individual
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from