A selection of Lord Tyrie's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2003–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Show votes
5 votes for, 10 votes against, between 1997–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2004–2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
23 votes for, 49 votes against, 19 absences, between 2008–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Tyrie’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Tyrie’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what consideration they have given to recomending Alastair Cook for knighthood.
I have just heard the latest in a long line of extremely interesting and informative speeches. The enormous expertise in this House is clearly on view and I have learnt a great deal already. It is certainly an honour to follow the noble Baroness, Lady Warsi, who spoke from considerable personal experience. This is also an opportunity to say how impressed I was, if that is permitted from one...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether his Department has assessed the content of Diego Garcia flight records that were granted by EuroControl in June 2014 to determine whether they contain information relating to extraordinary rendition.
More of Lord Tyrie’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 12 June 2018
Previously MP for Chichester until 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Conservative until 3 May 2017
Also represented Chichester
Topics of interest
Lord Tyrie campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Advisers
- Political Parties: Finance
- Departmental Ministerial Policy Advisers
- London Airports
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Liaison Committee (Commons) (14 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 14 Oct 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (19 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Sub-Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Treasury Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (11 Jan 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (7 Dec 2009 to 11 Jan 2010)
- Member, Committee on Reform of the House of Commons (20 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (9 Feb 2009 to 9 Jun 2010)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (1 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Conventions (Joint Committee) (17 May 2006 to 31 Oct 2006)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 5 Nov 2007)
- Shadow Paymaster General (1 Jun 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Financial Secretary (1 Jun 2003 to 1 Jun 2004)
- Member, Treasury Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 8 Dec 2003)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (7 Jun 2001 to 8 Dec 2003)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (28 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 22 Jul 1997)
- Member, Treasury Sub-Committee (6 Jun 1997 to 12 Jul 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (6 Jun 1997 to 31 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates since joining Parliament — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Tyrie’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions since joining Parliament — above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 5.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 42 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Tyrie’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1 time in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from