A selection of Baroness Tonge's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, between 1997–2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
11 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, between 1999–2003
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Tonge’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Tonge’s full vote analysis page for more.
A lot of medical professionals wonder why, after such a long time asking for this to happen, the Government are doing a consultation—whatever that means—only now. It is quite ridiculous and they should be ashamed that it has been delayed for so long. People are suffering because this is not happening. Will the Government please get on with it or tell us the real reason for not doing it before?
More of Baroness Tonge’s recent appearances
Independent Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 27 June 2005
Previously MP for Richmond Park until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Richmond Park, 1997-2005. Liberal Democrat spokesman on international development, 1999-2003, for children, 2003-2004. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Liberal Democrat until 29 Feb 2012
Also represented Richmond Park
Other offices held in the past
- Member, HIV and AIDS Committee in the United Kingdom (20 Dec 2010 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (8 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2008)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Health (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 1 Nov 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 108 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Tonge’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1288 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 25.81% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 33 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Tonge’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 185 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Apr 2005.
6. Overseas visits
18-25 April to Sudan, with my husband. Flight costs paid by Afrimed (registered charity). Accommodation provided in private house of Mr. Omar Gasim. (Registered 5 May 2004)
8. Land and Property
Cottage in Pembrokeshire.
House in France.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from