A selection of Baroness Tonge's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Tonge’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Tonge’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what distinction they draw in issuing visas between Israeli citizens who live in Israel and those who live in illegal settlements in the West Bank.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what discussions they have had with the government of Israel concerning (1) the status of, and (2) the distribution of water resources from, the Golan Heights.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what discussions they have had with the government of Israel concerning the repatriation of Palestinian refugees fleeing Syria.
More of Baroness Tonge’s recent appearances
Independent Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 27 June 2005
Previously MP for Richmond Park until 11 April 2005 — did not stand for re-election
Positions held at time of appointment: Member of Parliament for Richmond Park, 1997-2005. Liberal Democrat spokesman on international development, 1999-2003, for children, 2003-2004. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Liberal Democrat until 29 Feb 2012
Also represented Richmond Park
Other offices held in the past
- Member, HIV and AIDS Committee in the United Kingdom (20 Dec 2010 to 19 Jul 2011)
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (8 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2008)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Health (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 1 Nov 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 72 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Tonge’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1020 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 14.52% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 28 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 38 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Tonge’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 168 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from