A selection of Lord Taylor of Goss Moor's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
16 votes for, 6 votes against, 26 absences, between 2006–2011
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2007
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 11 votes against, between 1997–2010
Consistently voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2008
Almost always voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
9 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2003–2007
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I shall respond very briefly. I thank the noble Lord, Lord Best, for all his support and encouragement, not only on this Bill but previously. I should also thank my noble friend Lady Parminter, who was in the Chamber but has had to go, for moving an amendment for me on Report that enabled this matter to be brought forward. We have had a promise from the Minister to come back on the...
More of Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 22 July 2010
Previously MP for Truro and St Austell until 12 April 2010 — did not stand for re-election
Entered the House of Commons on 12 March 1987 — unknown
Also represented Truro and St Austell; Truro
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Porton Down
- Data Protection Act
- Special Advisers
- Departmental Communications
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Social Exclusion), Cabinet Office (17 Aug 2006 to 23 Jan 2007)
- Social Exclusion, Cross-Portfolio and Non-Portfolio Responsibilities (17 Aug 2006 to 23 Jan 2007)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 Mar 2006 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Chair of the Parliamentary Party (26 Jan 2004 to 16 Jun 2005)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (17 Nov 1997 to 2 Dec 1997)
- Member, Environment Committee (27 Nov 1995 to 21 Mar 1997)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 40.74% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Taylor of Goss Moor’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Apr 2010.
Chair of National Housing Federation
, a limited company operating on a not for profit basis; the representative body for independent non-profit social landlords in England, whose principal role is to provide and manage affordable housing. The Federation
supports and promotes the work of Housing Associations, and campaigns for better housing and neighbourhoods. Time commitment is 3 days a month, and payment made through Taylor & Garner Ltd (see category 2 below).
South West Water Ltd (non-executive).
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Monthly column for Cornwall Today
. (Up to £5,000) Payment of £250 per column paid quarterly through Taylor & Garner Ltd.
Company secretary of Taylor & Garner Ltd; company formed with my wife to undertake writing, broadcasting and consultancy.
8. Land and Property
Flat in London, from which rental income is received.
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Taylor & Garner Ltd.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from