A selection of Lord Snape's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1997–2010
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 1999
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Snape’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Snape’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the total estimated cost of the smart motorway work currently taking place on the M6 motorway; and what is the projected completion date.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether the smart motorway work currently taking place on the M6 and other motorways has been evaluated by the Infrastructure and Projects Authority.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the estimated annual cost of their decision to suspend annual increases on fuel duty since 2010.
More of Lord Snape’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 29 June 2004
Previously MP for West Bromwich East until 14 May 2001 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Labour Member of Parliament for West Bromwich East. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 28 February 1974 — General election
Also represented West Bromwich East
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (17 Jan 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Government Whip (1 Jan 1977 to 1 Jan 1979)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (1 Jan 1975 to 1 Jan 1977)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 80 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Snape’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.63% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Snape’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 133 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2001.
1. Remunerated directorships
Director of Guildfare; a wholly owned subsidiary of the Guild of Business Travel Agents.(£1,001-£5,000)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Parliamentary Consultant to the Guild of Business Travel Agents. (£1,001-£5,000)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(b) National Express PLC
; bus, rail, coaching and airport operator.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from