A selection of Lord Snape's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Almost always voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 1999
Generally voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 1997–2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Snape’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Snape’s full vote analysis page for more.
Without wishing to sound a sour note, does the Minister accept that, in the view of many of us, no congratulations to the Chancellor are necessary on what is in fact a humiliating U-turn? As former Whips in the other place, the Minister and I both know that the reason the Chancellor has backed down is that he does not have a majority for this measure on his own Back Benches. That is the...
My Lords, bearing in mind the fact that Southern trains operates with a management contract set out by the Government, operates trains specified by the Government for driver-only operation, and that its own director of financing said at a public meeting only last year that, on DOO, 2016 was the year that the department would break the unions, what is the difference between the situation with...
More of Lord Snape’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 29 June 2004
Previously MP for West Bromwich East until 14 May 2001 — General election
Positions held at time of appointment: Labour Member of Parliament for West Bromwich East. (from Number 10 press release)
Entered the House of Commons on 28 February 1974 — General election
Also represented West Bromwich East
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (17 Jan 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (2 Dec 2004 to 8 Nov 2006)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (1 Jan 1977 to 1 Jan 1979)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (1 Jan 1975 to 1 Jan 1977)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 136 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Snape’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.12% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Snape’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 121 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from